Molesey Head Races
The Junior Head will take place on Saturday 13th February in one division at 10 am.
The Molesey Veteran Head will take place on the same day at 2.30 pm.
The course is 3250 metres downstream from the blue doors at Sunbury Lock to Hampton Sailing Club.
ENTRIES WILL CLOSE ON Saturday 6th February 2021 at noon.
Entries must be made through BROE; entry fees must be paid by the closing time either through BROE or by bank transfer to 20-90-56 40677833 ref. <<Event and your club TLC>> e.g. W4x- MBC.
Explore entries cannot be made on BROE; please enter by email to ‘email@example.com’, giving full crew details and BR numbers. British Rowing silver membership is required. We are accepting entries in either 4x+ or 4+ for one combined event. Explore crews will start at the end of the Masters division.
Entries will only be put into the race order when paid.
Queries: Ted Bates mobile 07951 638516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Events are offered in the following boats, in all Masters classes.
All events are offered separately as open, women’s or mixed event
Medals will be offered for events with at least three starters.
- Handicapping will be based on a standard time of approximately 9 minutes, according to conditions on the day.
- The start order will be based on handicap letters and the 2019 finish order, not CRI points
|Category – all O/W/Mx||Eights||Coxed Fours||Coxless Fours||Coxed Quads||Coxless Quads|
Criteria for Novice events – Eights crew CRI max = 100, Fours crew CRI max = 75 (at 8/2/2020)
Mixed coxed quad or coxed sweep oar event in stable boats. Crews must have a maximum of two men.
All events are Open or Women
Conditions of entry
Entries are accepted subject to the Rules of Molesey Veteran Head and Molesey Junior Head, but competitors should also note the following points:
- Fees must be fully paid and boats in safe condition to obtain boat numbers on the day.
- Crews withdrawn after the draw must pay full entry fees.
- If an entry is withdrawn before the closing time for entries, a full refund will be made.
- If the Head is cancelled or curtailed because of weather conditions or other reasons outside the Head’s control, a proportionate refund will be made taking account of costs incurred.
- The Committee can accept no responsibility for competitors’ boats and equipment.
- Competitors leaving boats and equipment at Molesey Boat Club do so at their own risk.
- Crews will be boating from Molesey Boat Club and Hampton School Boat Club. This will be decided after entries have closed. We need to know whether or not you will be bringing a trailer. Please try and share as much as possible as there is limited parking space.