This is a Trial Race, and as such the events offered and overall format are subject to certain limits.
The format will be two divisions each of 75 crews maximum. It is expected that each age/boat combination shown will be available in each division (and BROE will reflect this), but to keep to the 75 maxima it may be necessary to re-allocate a small number of crews to their second choice division. It would greatly assist if coaches could advise on the entry if a crew is switchable.
- On the basis that this is essentially a training event, and primarily for those having only their first or second race, priority will usually be given to the younger age groups.
- We do welcome visiting clubs, but as we – obviously – do not have any “feel” for how many entries will be received in total, it may well be necessary to refuse some. You should probably think in terms of putting-in a maximum of about 10-12 crews but on the basis that up to maybe 3-4 will not be accepted. A general indication of a crew’s desired priority would be helpful, but is not essential.
- If entries have to be refused, those which are the sole entry in their event will be lost first. The next priority will be those involving doubling-up; however, care will be taken that every listed competitor gets one race.
- No competitor may enter the same event twice.
- No extra events will be created.
- Entries will close at noon on Saturday 8thFebruary 2020.
Coaches are reminded that weather and river conditions can be tricky even if the Race goes ahead. With this in mind they need to be completely confident that their crews are sufficiently equipped, experienced and capable. As for other Heads, any crew that is manifestly unable to complete the course may be stopped at any point and not permitted to race.
A formal course and forecast assessment will be made on both Weds. 12th and Fri. 14th, at which points the Committee may decide to cancel the whole event, or certain age/boat combinations. If the Committee decides to cancel any events, a full refund of the affected crews’ entry fees will of course be made.
Note – if any part is cancelled, it will not be re-instated if the forecast later improves.
Each division will usually start in the order largest-boats-first and within boat types oldest-crews-first. Within each event, Ranking Points (Max CRI) might be used as an additional guide to work out the safest starting order.